Under general supervision of the editing director. The Historian role is essential to collecting content (photo and/or video) and bringing a creative eye to the party.
- Mingle with community members at events
- Collect specific media content ( “shot list” provided by editing director)
- Filter and edit content before uploading to the Surfrider folder
- Communicates throughout event with editing director
- Follows intuition and creativity when filming and/or photographing
Tools and Equipment Used
Will need to provide your own equipment.
- Smartphone and/or Camera
Job Context (Environment)
Environment will vary depending on what task is at hand.
Work Performance (Expectations)
- Required to attend a maximum of 1 event.
- 5 hours minimum (attend event, communication, upload content)
- Is in alignment with Surfriders mission and principles.
- Transportation to event location
- Photo editing skills
- Video editing skills preferred
- Familiar with the digital process of collecting and uploading content for sharing