Surfrider Maui’s 3rd Annual Ocean Guardian Awards
Call for Nominations
Each year, Surfrider Maui honors Ocean Guardians in the categories of Community Member, Ocean Athlete, and Business. Each winner embodies Surfrider Maui’s mission to protect our island’s ocean, waves, and beaches—and will be honored during the 3rd Annual Ocean Guardian Awards Dinner.
Each submission should include:
- Nominator Name, Email, Phone
- Nominee Name, Address, Phone, Email, Website, Social Media Handles
- Category: Community Member, Ocean Athlete, or Business
- A written nomination (maximum 500 words) outlining the nominee’s commitment and accomplishments in protecting our island’s ocean, waves, and beaches
- Optional: Maximum two letters of support
Self-nominations are accepted.
Submit all materials to Chair@Maui.Surfrider.org no later than Friday, August 24 at 5 p.m.
Save the Date
The 3rd Annual Ocean Guardian Awards will take place on Saturday, October 27, 2018 at Andaz Maui. For table sales and sponsorship opportunities, email Josh Sewell at Executive.Board2@Maui.Surfrider.org.
Congratulations to our previous awardees!
Les Potts (Community Member)
Kai Lenny (Ocean Athlete)
2016 Ocean Guardians
Tamara Paltin (Community Member)
Archie Kalepa (Ocean Athlete)
Trilogy Excursions (Business)